Do you need a holiday?
Is the day to day grind stressing you out and you are just looking for an excuse to get away from it all?
Well, how about a bargain basement airfare as an excuse? Does that work for you? 😉
Since the arrival of foreign budget airlines like Tiger Airways, Air Asia and Scoot to Australia, going overseas has become a much cheaper proposition than when overseas flights were in the hands of the Qantas/Virgin duopoly.
As a matter of fact, in many instances nowadays flying overseas has become cheaper than flying domestically in Australia which is a market that’s a lot less competitive.
This is a perfect example of the power of competition.
This is reflected well in the “Now everyone can fly” tag line of the subject of this post: Air Asia.
For those of you who might not know, Air Asia is a multi award winning budget airline based out of Malaysia with subsidiaries throughout southeast Asia.
Like everyone else this year, they are also having a sale at the moment. However, this is not your everyday airline sale but rather their biggest sale of the year!
Just to give you an idea of the awesome prices on offer, here is a small sample:
- Gold Coast/Melbourne/Sydney/Adelaide/Perth to Kuala Lumpur – $169
- Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast/Melbourne/Sydney/Perth – $95 (yep, you read this right. This is not a typo!)
- Kuala Lumpur to Adelaide – $81 (again, not a typo)
- Domestic flights within Malaysia – $10
- Flights from KL to China – around $60
- Flights from KL to India – around $40
- Flights from KL to various destinations in Thailand – $20 – $40
All the above fares are inclusive of all taxes but do not include checked luggage allowance which can be added at an additional cost.
The sale ends 01/12/2013 and the sale prices are valid for flight departures between 05/05/2014 and 31/01/2015 so autumn, winter and summer of next year.
If you are looking for warm place to escape to during the aussie winter, this is your chance.
For full sale details and to book, go to this link.
However before you rush to book, we have a little hack for you to try.
Jetstar are offering a ‘price beat guarantee‘ on all routes they fly in. With this guarantee they will beat any airfare quoted by a competitor airline by 10% and also waive all credit card fees.
Therefore, we suggest you find the cheapest airfare available with Air Asia for your chosen dates and destination and then check if Jetstar flies those routes. If they do, call them (you must contact their call centre in order to claim the ‘price beat guarantee’) and get them to give you a price lower by 10% and also waive all credit card fees (including Amex).
Remember: this is not haggling. You are not asking for a favour or a discount. This is Jetstar own’s standard policy. They MUST beat the airfare you present to them.
Happy flying and we look forward to seeing your holiday snaps. 🙂
Before you go:
The Spending Hackers Recommend:
- If you are after a no-contract mobile plan with unlimited calls & text in Australia and lots of data – this is your best option.
- Your two BEST options for ADSL broadband with lots of data and no contract until the NBN arrives.
- Smile – Save up to 40% on your dental bill WITHOUT taking private health insurance (or ‘double dip’ if you already have it)!
- Vision Direct – The biggest range of designer eyewear on the planet for the absolute lowest price.
- Thinking of going solar? Get 3 obligation-free quotes from properly qualified installers (guaranteed!) in your local area from either 3 Quotes or Solar Market.