Need a holiday? Well, here is your chance!
The Air Asia biggest sale ever is now on.
This is similar to a previous sale they ran late last year but promises to be bigger and better.
As a matter of fact, Air Asia claims it’s their “biggest EVER”.
For those of you who might not know, Air Asia is a multi award winning budget airline based out of Malaysia with subsidiaries throughout southeast Asia.
Just to give you an idea of the awesome prices on offer, here is a small sample:
- Gold Coast/Melbourne/Sydney/Adelaide/Perth to Kuala Lumpur – $169
- Kuala Lumpur to Adelaide/Perth – $91 (yep, not a typo!)
- Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast/Melbourne/Sydney – $109 (again, not a typo)
- Domestic flights within Malaysia – $10
- Flights from KL to China – around $70
- Flights from KL to India – $58 – $89
- Flights from KL to various destinations in Thailand – $19 – $41
All the above fares are inclusive of all taxes but do not include checked luggage allowance which can be added at an additional cost.
The sale ends 02/03/2014 and the sale prices are valid for flight departures between 01/10/2014 and 30/04/2015 so next spring, summer and early autumn.
For full sale details and to book, go to this link.
With this sale, Air Asia have introduced a new tool that allows to quickly get real-time availability for the routes and months you are interested in. We like it a lot and suggest you check it out here.
However before you rush to book, we have a little hack for you to try.
Jetstar are offering a ‘price beat guarantee‘ on all routes they fly in. With this guarantee they will beat any airfare quoted by a competitor airline by 10% and also waive all credit card fees.
Therefore, we suggest you find the cheapest airfare available with Air Asia for your chosen dates and destination and then check if Jetstar flies this route. Keep in mind they also have an extensive network between various destinations in southeast Asia, not just from Australia.
If they do, call them (you must contact their call centre in order to claim the ‘price beat guarantee’) and get them to give you a price lower by 10% and also waive all credit card fees (including Amex).
Remember: this is not haggling. You are not asking for a favour or a discount. This is Jetstar’s own standard policy. They MUST beat the airfare you present to them.
Finally, keep in mind the old adage of “if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel”. This might sound a bit corny and ‘nanny’ like but it is also very true. As very seasoned travellers ourselves, we can assure you that travel insurance can definitely ‘save your bacon’ at the most unexpected circumstances. Don’t leave home without it!
You might be able to score free travel insurance by paying for your trip with your credit card. However, if you don’t or the free coverage is not sufficient for your needs, we found the travel insurance policies from online insurer 1Cover to consistently offer the best value as far as price given the level of inclusions.
Happy flying and we look forward to seeing your holiday snaps. 🙂
Before you go:
The Spending Hackers Recommend:
- If you are after a no-contract mobile plan with unlimited calls & text in Australia and lots of data – this is your best option.
- Your two BEST options for ADSL broadband with lots of data and no contract until the NBN arrives.
- Smile – Save up to 40% on your dental bill WITHOUT taking private health insurance (or ‘double dip’ if you already have it)!
- Vision Direct – The biggest range of designer eyewear on the planet for the absolute lowest price.
- Thinking of going solar? Get 3 obligation-free quotes from properly qualified installers (guaranteed!) in your local area from either 3 Quotes or Solar Market.