Do you like FREE stuff?
How about some free CASH?
In my opinion, getting a bank to pay you instead of the other way around is one of the best feelings you can have as a consumer.
This is why these type of deals are our absolute favourite here at Spending Hacker HQ, and as you can see from our many previous posts, we never miss out on an opportunity to get paid by a bank and want to make sure you don’t miss out either.
HSBC is the latest bank jumping on the cash giveaway bandwagon and if you don’t already have a transaction account with them, it is time you got some free money from HSBC. $50 to be exact.
What do you need to do:
- Open a Day to Day transaction account. Can be done online or in a branch (HSBC doesn’t have many of those so online is best). This must be done by 30/09/2014.
- Make a purchase in any amount with the debit card that comes with the account within a month from account opening. The purchase can be done online, over the phone or in store (but then make sure you press the ‘credit’ button or use PayWave).
- Become $50 richer 🙂
The Day to Day transaction account from HSBC has no monthly account keeping fees and no minimum balance requirements and also has unlimited fee-free electronic transactions using EFTPOS, Bpay and ATMs belonging to HSBC, Westpac, St George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne.
Also, you can withdraw money as well as deposit cash and cheques for free at any Australia Post branch using the Bank@Post service.
This is a pretty good product but not the absolute best as they do charge fees for making international transfers or for using your account overseas.
Therefore, we suggest you fulfill the requirements of this promotion, collect your $50 and then immediately proceed to close your account.
Due to recent changes in legislation, which allow our government to take your money if your account has seen no activity for three years, it becomes absolutely crucial that you empty any accounts you don’t use on a regular basis and also preferably close them in case similar promotions come up in the future.
These promotions, just like this one, are almost always open to new customers ONLY so therefore we strongly recommend you do make the little extra effort to fully close any accounts you no longer need, even if they don’t cost anything to maintain.
As I said before, this account is an OK product as an everyday transaction account but it is not the BEST.
If you are one of our subscribers, then you already know which one is the one our research suggests is the BEST in Australia and the one we formally recommend as well as use ourselves.
If you are not yet a subscriber, just put your name and email in the box below and you will find out instantly.
Enjoy your free money from HSBC! 😉
Before you go:
The Spending Hackers Recommend:
- If you are after a no-contract mobile plan with unlimited calls & text in Australia and lots of data – this is your best option.
- Your BEST options for broadband with lots of data and no contract.
- Smile – Save up to 40% on your dental bill WITHOUT taking private health insurance (or ‘double dip’ if you already have it)!
- Vision Direct – The biggest range of designer eyewear on the planet for the lowest price.