Are you paying too much on your bills, shopping, or other everyday living expenses?
Do you think there is nothing you can do about it?
Let us share a number with you that will no doubt either scare you or make you really mad (sorry about that).
What is this tax and why am I paying it?
Well, you won’t find this tax anywhere in the tax code and your accountant has probably never heard of it either.
However, rest assured it is very real!
This hidden ‘tax’ is a tax you pay for being loyal!
Are you angry yet?
Yep, if you have been with any of your service providers for some time, research conducted by Queensland University of Technology at the request of Heritage Bank, has shown that you are almost certain to be paying too much!
Don’t believe us? You can go and read it for yourself.
So not only you are not getting a better deal for being a longtime loyal customer but you are actually being penalised for that.
What about now, are you angry now? 😉
One of the major findings in that research was that the main reason why Australians don’t switch providers is because they think it is just too much effort and researching a suitable alternative will simply take too much of their time.
That is actually a very valid reason!
Modern life is very busy for most people juggling work, family and social time. There are simply not enough hours in the day.
But that bloody ‘loyalty tax’. It hurts!
Well, how about if you could avoid this tax without having to spend any time researching alternatives?
How about if you could lower your expenses without having to compromise on quality or go without altogether?
The internet is full of comparison sites and advice on how to save money on everyday living expenses.
Problem is this advice is generic in nature and doesn’t usually address your specific circumstances and needs.
Our solution is DIFFERENT!
We will personally help you to find the BEST deals for your own individual and specific circumstances using our unique skills and unwavering attention
Introducing Spending Hacker Concierge
Unlike our other offerings, the Spending Hacker Concierge is a personalised service in which we do tailor made research for each of our clients (that’s you!) in order to save you money on the everyday product and service which gives you and your wallet the most pain!
After completion of our research, we present you with a clear and concise step-by-step personalised action plan to implement the savings.
Here is how it works:
- Step 1: You identify a specific everyday product or service which gives you pain and you want to save money on. This has to be a product or service that you want or must keep and can’t go without.
- Step 2: You pay a fully-refundable $10 application fee (both credit cards and PayPal are accepted). The reason we say it’s refundable is because if, in the unlikely event that we can’t help you, we give you your money back in full. We simply charge this fee to avoid ‘tyre kickers’ who want to waste our (and their) time.
- Step 3: You present us your issue and specific requirements through an online application form which will open up after you’ve paid your application fee. The form will also allow you to attach copies of the relevant bills which we strongly recommend you do.
- Step 4: We review the submitted form and assess whether or not we can help you. If we can’t, you get your $10 back and we part ways as friends. If we can help you, you will be notified by email that the Spending Hackers are on the case!
- Step 5: Within 7 working days, you will receive another email from us notifying you how much savings (in $$$ terms) we were able to find for you. If the product or service is billed on a recurring basis (as opposed to one-off), we will indicate how much we have saved you for the first 12 months.
- Step 6: You pay us our ‘finder’s fee’ which is calculated as half of the savings we generated for you. We have two examples below of how that’s calculated. The $10 application fee is then deducted from any finder’s fee that is payable and like the application fee, you can pay us using either PayPal or credit card. We are also happy to allow you to pay by direct bank deposit if you prefer.
- Step 7: Once you’ve paid the fee for this service, we email you the detailed savings plan with clear and concise step-by-step implementation instructions.
- Step 8: You implement and save!
Examples of how we calculate our ‘finder’s fee’
If we were able to find a better deal for you (with the same terms such as inclusions, contract length etc) than what you were able to score yourself, using your own efforts, we will charge you a ‘finder’s fee’ based on the actual savings we generated for you.
Here is how it works:
Say you were after the best car insurance deal and the cheapest price you were able to score yourself based on your own research and negotiating efforts is $700 a year.
We were able to find a policy with the same level of cover and inclusions for just $500.
We tell you that we found a policy for you that is $200 cheaper and ask you if you want to proceed with our recommendation.
If you do, you will need to pay us half of the savings we generated for you. In this case, it will be $100.
Once our finder’s fee is paid, we will email you a detailed saving plan on who the provider is, what is the policy and how to secure the discounted price.
You then implement our recommendation and save!
Say you were after the best broadband plan for your home. Through your own best efforts and research you were able to find a plan which suits your needs which costs $90 p/m.
We were able to find a broadband plan with the same amount of included data, same or lower setup costs and same or lower contract length for just $70 p/m.
We tell you that we found a comparable broadband plan for you that is $20 p/m cheaper and ask you if you want to proceed with our recommendation.
If you do, you will need to pay us half of the savings we generated for you in the first 12 months.
In this specific example, it will be $120 ((20 X 12) /2).
Once our finder’s fee is paid, we will email you a detailed saving plan on who the provider is, what is the plan and how to secure the discounted price.
You then implement our recommendation and save! You don’t have to pay us even one extra cent if you stay on this plan beyond the first 12 months and continue to generate savings.
As you can see from the examples above, the idea is that we only charge you based on actual results and the pricing model ensures you still remain better off than if you didn’t use our service.
We strongly believe that any business transaction should always be a win-win scenario and that’s how we run our concierge service.
Our commitment and our promise to you:
If for whatever reason, the product or service we recommended is not available to you and as a result, you can’t implement our saving plan, we will refund your money!
Saying that, however, we will only provide a refund if you attempt to implement our plan (and provide us with proof of doing so) within 7 business days from receiving it from us by email.
We think it’s only fair, don’t you? 🙂
Who Is this for and how will it help YOU?
The Spending Hacker Concierge service is aimed only at those of you who are ready to take immediate action, not those who want to ‘think about it’. Otherwise, it is a waste of both yours and our time.
For now, the Spending Hacker Concierge service covers products and services in the following categories:
- Utilities: electricity and gas – we help you save money without having to alter your usage patterns.
- Health insurance – we help you find a better price on your current level of cover.
- Car insurance – we help you find a better price on your current level of cover.
- Mobile plans – we help you find a better price on your current amount of included calls, text and data, or better.
- ADSL/NBN/Mobile Broadband plans – we help you find a better price on your current amount of included data, or more.
Based on the level of interest, we will consider expanding the categories we cover with this service. Either way, the most up-to-date list of product categories covered by the Spending Hacker Concierge will always appear on this page.