We are always being told how ‘going direct’ will get us the best deal and the cheapest price, right?
Well, this is a myth we would like to bust once and for all.
In this day and age of fierce online competition and widespread use of affiliate marketing, going direct to a particular merchant’s or service provider’s website and signing up directly with them will hardly ever give you the best outcome.
Instead, you should buy a product or service through either a referral service or an affiliate link.
True, the referral service or the affiliate will get some sort of a kickback if you go through their link, no argument there.
However, more and more companies are now realising that it’s not enough anymore to reward just the referrer and are increasingly also rewarding the one being referred. They see it as a much better use of their resources than paying for advertisement.
This reward to the one being referred comes in many forms and can range from extra features, higher access levels, account and product credit and even cold hard CASH.
There are now many companies whose entire business model is to use their website for referring people to various online merchants and service providers and sharing the commission they get from them with those they referred in the form of a cash-back.
These cash-backs are now available on the purchase of almost any product and service from the likes of clothes, prepaid credit, takeaway meals and other retail items such as electronics and even financial products like insurance policies, credit cards, managed funds and home loans.
With the financial products, those cash-backs can often amount to thousands of dollars. This is money that you will NOT get if you went with the providers directly.
We prepared a detailed FREE guide on all your options with regards to cashbacks and you are welcome to check it out here.
So the next time someone tells you that you should aim to go direct to get the best price, we humbly suggest you refer them to us and to our FREE guide. We will be more than happy to show them how the ‘game’ is REALLY played in the modern consumer world.
Before you go:
The Spending Hackers Recommend:
- If you are after a no-contract mobile plan with unlimited calls & text in Australia and lots of data – this is your best option.
- Your two BEST options for ADSL broadband with lots of data and no contract until the NBN arrives.
- Smile – Save up to 40% on your dental bill WITHOUT taking private health insurance (or ‘double dip’ if you already have it)!
- Vision Direct – The biggest range of designer eyewear on the planet for the absolute lowest price.
- Thinking of going solar? Get 3 obligation-free quotes from properly qualified installers (guaranteed!) in your local area from either 3 Quotes or Solar Market.